In 1981, while working in a music store in London, Ed Buller was poached by the Psychedelic Furs to write keyboard parts for their forthcoming album, Forever Now. His hooks proved vital, giving the band their first international hit with Love My Way. The riffs kept coming, and over the next five years, Ed added Ghost in You, Heaven, Heartbeat, Angels Don’t Cry, Heartbreak Beat, and many others to their tally of hits.
- The Ghost In You Psychedelic Furs 4:15
- Heartbeat Psychedelic Furs 5:17
- Heartbreak Beat Psychedelic Furs 5:12
- Angels Dont Cry Psychedelic Furs 3:58
- Love My Way 1982 Psychedelic Furs 3:32
- President Gas Audio Psychedelic Furs 5:21
At the 140db Christmas party in 1993, as was the usual custom, Ed and Flood started talking about synthesisers, reminiscing on their favourite albums of the ‘70s which were all improvised. As they both had started their own collections of vintage synths, it made sense to form a band. The first album, records with friends Dave Bessel and Gary Stout, went on to become a classic. A live spot in London’s Paddington Station ended up on the national news and produced the album Terminus. After a somewhat lengthy hiatus the band re-appeared in 2012 with Node 2. Their latest album, recorded live at a concert at the Royal College of Music in 2015, is scheduled for release next year.
- Olivine Node 8:04
- Slapback Node 12:15
- Shinkansen East Node 10:40
- Dark Beneath The Earth Node 6:06
- Express Node 5:32
- Calling At All Stops... Node 16:17
- The Traveler - LIVE Node 12:20
- Shinkanse East - LIVE Node 13:44